Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Blizzard Warning (UPDATED 1/22 0930)

 The Cape is currently under a Blizzard Warning (well, technically it starts at 7pm).  It started snowing during the late morning, but didn't start accumulating until around 3pm or so.  It's very cold, especially for the Cape, so there is no chance of a change over to rain.  In fact, the Cape & Islands will likely be getting the heaviest accumulations again with 12 - 18 inches currently in the forecast.

As I type it is snowing moderately and 'plowable' snow has accumulated.  The worst should occur overnight and into the morning on Wednesday.  Schools have cancelled classes already.  I expect to be moving snow most of the day Wednesday before work.  I made some adjustments to the snow blower that will hopefully help it to function better.  It has been useless the past few storms.  After I made the adjustments, there was no way to test it but it did sound better and more powerful, if that makes sense.


I took this image this afternoon from our foyer looking out over our bird feeding station.  I'll try to remember to take a follow up image tomorrow.


Still snowing at 9:30 am on Wednesday 1/22.  Expecting another hour or two of snow.  We didn't get what was forecast, maybe 10 inches by the time we're done.  Very hard to gauge though with the high winds blowing it around.  Still, a lot of snow to move, especially where it drifted.

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Stay warm and safe Barry.
Your comment "sound better and more powerful" reminded me of Tim, the tool man reasoning:))

Barry said...

The snow blower worked like a champ!