
Full results
here at cool Running 13th overall (of 65 runners), 4th in my age group.
Time 24:26.6 Pace 7:53. I'll take it.
Today was the Mashpee 5k Woodland Run. I decided last night (technically this morning) to try to get up on time and go do the race. I came home, set the alarm and went to bed. When I woke at 5:45 I checked the radar and saw a rather heavy batch of rain coming, but it looked like it might clear in time. I almost did not go, but I am glad I did.
It was rather murky, warm and humid. I had not pre-registered so I headed to the Quashnet School, signed up, got my number and waited. This is a point to point run, so they use school buses to transport entrants to Heritage Park on Main St (Rt 130) to the start. There was a low turn out of under 100 people, likely due to the weather.

Registration tent at Quashnet School

Mashpee PD cruiser. Officer was waiting for us as we came out of the woods and back on to paved road. It was such a good feeling to round the bend in the woods and see the blues flashing on Old Barnstable Road. Thanks Joe!


The location of the start. Still rather foggy, but no rain.

The starting line.

I managed to grab a few images during the run. This one was the least blurry, but it gives an idea of what a majority of the race route was like. It was sloppy and indeed I almost went down once, but recovered nicely with only a blob of mud on my shoes.

Back at the Quashnet School finish line. Once runners entered the parking lot, you were teased at the sight of the finish line, but had to run around the entire school before getting into the chute.


Heidi McLaughlin, Program Supervisor for the Mashpee Recreation Department, presenting the awards.

I'm not sure at this time how I placed and what my official time was (I saw 24:26 coming over the line) and the results won't be up for about a week on Cool Running.
It was a good time but I missed all of my friends. Luckily Joe was there working the traffic detail, so it wasn't too lonely.
It was well organized and a big thank you to Heidi McLaughlin and her staff!
3 comments:
Hope you were a good "mudder" and got one of the trophies but if not--- you did it gol durn it. you did it. Way to go. The track may have been muddy but the path was pretty.
Thanks, Patti. No trophies for me, but I'm cool with that. As you said, I did it. I only started running about a year ago, so I think I'm doing pretty well. I just wish I didn't need to work so darn much and could devote more time to it. Oh well. I'll take what I can get.
:)
Cool event! All of these races you have completed will help you when you get to the big race next month.
Post a Comment