I worked until midnight and did not get to sleep until about 1:30 this morning. I would rather have had a tad more sleep but that's the way it goes sometimes. We didn't leave the house until about 8:00. A little later than I wanted. I sent a text message to Fooseberry to let her know we're were running late and she responded with her location. I looked up from my phone and saw her car, three cars ahead of us...
The rain became moderate on the drive to Hyannis, but subsided fairly quickly and was finished by the start. Aside from a few puddles, it was a pleasant run. It was a tad unorganized and the race got a bit of a late start, luckily for us because we didn't get our numbers until about 10 minutes before the 9 am start. They could not get the police escort either so we just shut down the road as a mass of people at the starting line on Ocean Street adjacent to Hyannis Inner Harbor.

The JFK Museum. We were able to park on Main St not far from here. The registration tent was set up on the Hyannis Village Green, also not far from here.
Assembling to cross South Street to the Ocean Street starting line.
The route included a pass by the John F. Kennedy Memorial and Veterans Memorial Park and continued through some nice neighborhoods along the coast.
The blurry finish. 23:24. 6th in my age group. 36th overall. Complete results here.
I took a quick minute to catch my breath, and grabbed a bottle of water. We went back to the finish to wait for and cheer on Fooseberry and Perplexed. Then I walked the route again with Mrs and a friend.
Aside from a brawl among some area homeless folks (which I did not see but heard about), it was a good day.
2 comments:
Nice run Barry! Sounds like an enjoyable course to run. I always like running in a light drizzle, or right after a rain - the air seems so clean.
Awesome Photos as always - I wanted to drive by and get some of the MArsh and the Beach - maybe another day. Oh and the Homeless people - One in particuliar tried arguing with us as we walked by. It was actually sad and I pray that whatever was leftover was offered to them.
Post a Comment