Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Logan Update


Monday morning I took a fecal sample down to the vet to check for parasites. Dr. A saw me sitting in the office and waved me over. I have known my vet for about 20 years, so it's usually a personal visit as well as a Dr. visit with whichever pet is in need at the time.

I gave him a quick rundown of the symptoms and he took the sample to the lab for the technicians to look at while I waited. I also chatted with the staff at the front in between phone calls and patients, some of whom are also kennel clients of mine.

A short time later he came back out with the negative results of the fecal check. So I left with some Flagyl, canned prescription diet for his tummy, and FortiFlora.

He seemed to be doing better in the afternoon and then he started limping terribly in what appeared to be the front end. He spent the night with us on the bed again, and this morning hopped off, with little problems. So I have no idea what that was about.

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Strange symptoms Barry. Maybe he is just injoying all the attention.
I took in a chihuahua once that had a bad limp. After xrays and vet bills, turned out she learned if she limped, she was carried.
Hope that is all it is with Logan. All you can do is watch. Sure wish they could tell us what was wrong.
Could he have swallowed something that could be caught in his gut? That could cause vomiting and limping if his stomach hurt when he moved.
I know you are on top of it.

Barry said...

Patti - He had a very small amount of roast chicken with his meal prior to this, but that's the only change. I check their stools regularly for foreign objects. I am thinking a virus for the illness or maybe he licked a toad or something (I know. It's a stretch), and a coincidental strain for the limp as he was on the upswing when that started. He seems fine today and his appetite is back. Pets.... ;)