The water is pretty high so we opted to sit further up in the weeds, which worked fine. The kids need the sand to play and all I wanted was the sun.
My view with the cell phone camera.Nephew played in the water for some time. I think the kids in there already were probably a little younger than he is, so he motioned for us to come in. Mrs was not prepared for swimming, so I joined him. I have not been in the pond since working with a friend of mine on emergency escapes from the kayaks, however long ago that was. The water was surprisingly nice and it was pleasant to be out of the heat.
A little while later our neighbors at Once Upon A Farm came down to the pond for a swim. It was great to see them. We live across the street from one another, but have to be away from home in order to see each other.
After the beach we went back to FBF to prepare for our cookout with Nephew, my father-in-law and his wife. I had hoped to have a fire, but the weather was looking like rain. We were able to eat outdoors, but we had to have watermelon under the farmer's porch. Great night with awesome food and drink.
MONDAY
Nephew slept in on Monday morning. I was awake at 5:00 letting Logan out, got in a little bit more sleep, then went to Dr. A's (see post re Logan). Breakfast turned into brunch, but it was great all the same and included our eggs, sausage and bacon (ouch!) from Winters Grass Farm.
Off to Coonamessett Pond again for a paddle in the canoe. It was a fun paddle and a beautiful day to be out on the water!
We had a good time and enjoyed the visit. It was a good way to end the second of my 5-day weekends. This will be it for time off for a while.
Enjoy your summer!
4 comments:
We paddled our kayaks last night on Coonamessett, from sundown to about 10. Paddled back to the put-in under the full moon. Very cool place.
Envy your paddle trip. I need to get out in my kayak but it is so darn hot!!!
Looking a bit scruffy there Barry with a beard growth and yes, the resemblance is uncanny.
Hollis - Night paddling under the light of the moon must be an experience! I'm a nervous Nelly in the best of conditions. It's a great pond though. Crooked Pond is nice, too.
Patti - Autumn is coming! Dust off those paddles. My job does not allow me to be scruffy, so I enjoy not being clean-shaven on my days off. :)
It sounds like a fun weekend. Yes, I can tell that your wife and her nephew have some of the same genes.
Their facial features are much alike.
There is something about water that calls us; whether it's a pond, ocean or a stream we find it and enjoy it.
Post a Comment