Sunday, July 25, 2010

Doodle Down

We woke at around 6:30 this morning to that lovely sound of a dog retching. Terrific. Vomit is not my favorite thing to deal with that early in the morning, but I'll take it over diarrhea any day.

Logan barfed a couple times and then settled back down. I took him and Bella out and all was normal, but I remain cautious. He's clearly uncomfortable and is now sleeping in the living room. So, we wait and monitor. I really need to get a rectal thermometer for the dogs. We have one for the horse, but I'm not so sure Logan would appreciate having that used on him. I'm not even sure it's possible. Naturally it's Sunday so any need for a vet will be on an emergency basis. I still hold all of my secret emergency numbers in my cell phone and, should the need present itself, have no reservations about pulling strings for my little Doodle Dog.

5 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Poor Logan--poor Barry also. I have 2 cats that vomit for exercise---works their core-- but Mighty is pretty good. Dogs aren't quite the promiscuous vomiters that cats are.
Sure hope it is just something that he ate on the sly that has temproarily upset his tummy.

Since there isn't a Barry or Patti on the hurricane list, you are probably safe. You might want to keep an eye on Richard however--thinking Cheney.

Barry said...

I think he's doing a bit better.

lol on Richard. Yeah, what a perfect name for decades worth of damage. You're the best, Patti.

Darlene said...

There is nothing quite like getting up in the middle of the night in your bare feet and stepping in fresh dog vomit. I had that experience with my dog years ago and it was not a pleasant one. As it turned out, it was a tummy upset and he was fine later. I hope that's the case with Logan. (Is he named after the Boston airport?)

Barry said...

Hi Darlene!

Logan is doing much better. He was negative for parasites so he is on some meds, gut flora and canned food for a recovering belly ache. His temperature is back to normal, but he is still moping around a bit. He was in some serious discomfort yesterday, but dogs are tough. I am very thankful it was not bloat.

He is named after the character Logan in the X-Men series, though not nearly as manly as Hugh Jackman. ;)

Live/Love/Life said...

Hope Doodle is feeling better.....<3