Friday, March 27, 2009

Hurry Up and WAIT!

Today is a day of waiting. The gas company is supposed to be here between 8 am and 1 pm - nothing like allowing yourself plenty of time - to change out the gas meter. I suppose this is a two pronged effort. 1. Put in a new gas meter so the old one does not fail and blow the place to bits, and 2. install one of those nifty meters that allows the meter reader to just drive by the house and read it from the comfort of his or her truck electronically.

I decided to upload most of our digital images from our recent Arizona trip to my Flickr site. There are a lot of them and I have DSL... Hurry up! Wait!

There are many things I could be doing outside while waiting for the gas company to get here. Leaning slightly to the right (I use that phrase loosely...) I can see out the window in my office. In my view are two gardens that could have compost added to them and be roto-tilled, but first I'd need to re-install the tines on the tiller... There are several raised bed gardens that need soil amendments as well and need to be turned over by hand.

The paddock could use some attention. The chickens would really like to get out and run around. On and on the list could go.

The weather today is not pleasant. Lower 40s. Raw. Damp. I am wearing thermals and am still chilled. Inside! I need to get moving! I chose the Kokopelli clock image above as a reminder of the glorious weather in Tucson. How I miss it.

Wait... Wow. The gas guy is here! My day may not be lost after all! He said 5 minutes to change the meter, relight the pilot on the gas log and he's gone. Ok, so it was more like 15 minutes because, like with everything around here, things don't work exactly right.

I guess now I have to go outside and get something accomplished. Oh, the efficiency!

No comments: