Friday, March 27, 2009

After The Gas Guy

After the gas guy left (see Hurry Up and WAIT), I decided to get out of the house and do some work. After getting Guapo's stall cleaned out, I let the girls and Rosie out for some free range time. Usually they make their way to an area just off the driveway to pick at clam shell fragments. Once they're over this they run and fly-hop as fast as possible to the compost heap. This is usually what we see. It really is an absolute riot to watch.


I spent a little time with them at the compost and moved a couple loads up to the raised beds.



They really didn't spend as much time as I thought they would want in the compost or elsewhere. I believe a few of them needed to lay so they went back in the coop with no fuss. I spent a little time cleaning the bluebird houses and then got to work installing the tines on the tiller and went over two of the gardens.


A fairly productive day after all.

2 comments:

BONNIE said...

THAT MAKES ME MISS HAVING CHICKENS, THEY ARE SO FUNNY TO WATCH....BUT NOT AS MUCH FUN AS DUCKS!!!

Arkansas Patti said...

Loved the chicken break for compost picking photo. I would love some chickens but so far my neighbor keeps me in eggs so I guess I will enjoy his. His rooster is still a young beginner that hasn't gotten the crowing part down yet so it is comical to hear him strain every morning.
We are in severe storm mode here so think I had better unplug the computer.
Hope you warm up soon.