I had the pleasure of sleeping in this morning until about nine o'clock. I fed everyone, then headed off to the fire department headquarters to obtain my open burning permit with hopes of getting in at least two fires before the end of the season in May. There is a lot of tree debris that needs to be burned and hopefully there will be a good amount of ash to add to the compost.
While waiting at the desk, my Father-In-Law came in for his permit. Funny the places you run into your family. We chatted a bit outside of the department, then headed off. I stopped at the salon for a little fake 'n bake, then headed home. I changed into some running clothes and put in a couple of miles. Nothing too difficult and it felt good, but chilly. No major aches or pains, but my pace is off by about a minute. Time to pour it on a little more. I am also hoping to experiment with strengthening my core a bit. There is a good bit of information in the Winter Fitness Issue of Runner's World and I may try to add some of the exercises into my day, though they do seem rather tough. I am determined to find my abs again which have been in hiding for several years. Yeah. Right...
Thinking Round Corners
After the run, Mrs arrived home for lunch so we spent a little time together. My plan for the afternoon was to work outside turning the compost and making room for more fresh ingredients. Instead, I hooked up the MP3 player and flashed back to the early 90s with some Jethro Tull. It was one of those days for me. It brought me back to some good times with my old friend Jeff and our zany birding days driving around the Cape. Okay, so we were geeky, but it was fun for us and that's all that matters. Tull is one of those things ingrained in my being and will always be tied to Jeff, no matter how far away he is.
5 comments:
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day...
Life's A Long Song...
Funny you should say that - I heard "Sultans of Swing" yesterday - and I immediately thought of Stu Beef out on the Quad!
Oh yeah - it still amazes me that you can go to the FD and get a "burn permit".
FFN - last I knew Stu was still living here.
$10 for the burn permit. I would have tough time living in a place that does not allow it.
Post a Comment