My distrust of Facebook continues to grow. Initially, I thought it was a neat way to connect with people I had been out of touch with and even found relatives I have never met in person. Not long after I had introduced the Mrs and a few friends to it, I started to get an uneasy feeling about it. I deactivated my account, but it never really goes away. After reactivating the account, I spent quite some time this morning (it's 2 am) trying to delete it. I can't seem to do that. I removed a bunch of stuff from it, but could not even remove my email address. The latest issue with it can be found in this article from the Chicago Tribune. Supposedly FB decided against the changes, but I remain skeptical, of course.
And then there's the Facebook identity theft incident.
I guess my point is, be careful out there.
To be fair, the AP story on the about-face.
I'm sure that someone from FB will somehow find this blog entry and demand that it be removed. Their tentacles are far-reaching it seems. F 'em.
No comments:
Post a Comment