Mrs and I spent most of the day in the basement. What started out as a simple clean up turned into us painting all of the foundation walls with a paint for that purpose purchased some time ago. It went quite nicely actually. The paint was quite thick, but made a huge difference in appearance alone. We'll do a second coat at some point to help seal up the concrete. Mrs G finished the day by touching up the floor paint and finishing up the parts of the floor she did not do previously.
Perhaps tomorrow we will get things back in order and organized a bit. The original basement needs a major overhaul that will take some thought and much effort. I'm not looking for a pristine, finished basement. just something that is more organized and easier to navigate.
3 comments:
Nice! I am Hoping to be able to do that soon.
Did you treat with a sealer first?
It is a sealer.
Hey - That Drylok? I just went thru a bunch of gallons of it. I also used a portland based sealer that ate thru my hands because I'm a jerk who doesn't wear gloves. Basement is coming along nicely - just laid down floor on Friday - the kids like it.
Post a Comment