Friday, November 14, 2008

Low Expectations.....

I expected a hideous, gray, GRAY, typical Cape Cod day today. What I got was really was not that bad at all. After the morning job, I felt like I was up to the small challenge of finally getting beyond running 'just' a 5k route. I psyched myself up and headed out with a preconceived route in mind which left only one opportunity to shorten it by taking a side street back home. A little more than 37 minutes later and I was home again. Not in keeping with my 5k pace, but I am happy with it. A beautiful day to run. I had intervals of sun and a brief, refreshing mist. It was 65°F; almost too warm.

I took the GPSr out and measured the route. 4.34 miles. Not a bad start and I probably could have continued on. I didn't want to end badly, so I stopped. Mrs and I had a nice visit with her Dad who had popped in just after my run ended.

Another great day.

No comments: