We went to Hyannis today and I had to put on a lined leather jacket. The dampness kills me! I did walk the dogs in shorts this morning though mainly because I was too lazy to dig out a pair of jeans.
We had the Pellet Stove running the other night. She did not run it last night, but I'm sure it'll be fired up tonight for sure.
Unfortunately, it's about the time we are going to see the cold hard truth about this home heating crisis we are about to embark on. For the sake of those who can't seem to find the means to stay warm, I hope its a mild winter...
Yep. I'm wishing I had a wood or pellet stove in the basement. The floors stay cold with no heat down there and I think it would take the dampness off. Would we need a really tall vent system for a pellet stove to get it above the windows?
We used to use pellets stove pellets for horse bedding. They were cheap and if you spray them lightly with water they puff up and turn back into saw dust. Now they're double the price.
Heres a link which has a ton of info about pellet stoves, including installation. I have heard that a lot of manufacturers aren't taking orders for a while, as demand can't be met. Pellet price has jumped significantly over the last few years, but it is still cheaper/cleaner than oil today. A friend of mine is a dealer, and he gets his delivered directly via rail so he cuts out the high price of trucking.
7 comments:
It's 8:07 am. I was mistaken! It turned overcast after midnight sometime and held enough heat to keep it at 40 degrees.
I don't care it is still freakin' freezing. I am considering starting a fire for Christ sakes.
I am looking for mittens and a hat.
We went to Hyannis today and I had to put on a lined leather jacket. The dampness kills me! I did walk the dogs in shorts this morning though mainly because I was too lazy to dig out a pair of jeans.
We had the Pellet Stove running the other night. She did not run it last night, but I'm sure it'll be fired up tonight for sure.
Unfortunately, it's about the time we are going to see the cold hard truth about this home heating crisis we are about to embark on. For the sake of those who can't seem to find the means to stay warm, I hope its a mild winter...
Yep. I'm wishing I had a wood or pellet stove in the basement. The floors stay cold with no heat down there and I think it would take the dampness off. Would we need a really tall vent system for a pellet stove to get it above the windows?
We used to use pellets stove pellets for horse bedding. They were cheap and if you spray them lightly with water they puff up and turn back into saw dust. Now they're double the price.
Heres a link which has a ton of info about pellet stoves, including installation. I have heard that a lot of manufacturers aren't taking orders for a while, as demand can't be met. Pellet price has jumped significantly over the last few years, but it is still cheaper/cleaner than oil today. A friend of mine is a dealer, and he gets his delivered directly via rail so he cuts out the high price of trucking.
http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/P/AE_pellet_stove_installation.html
Sweet. The site looks excellent. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Post a Comment