Monday, September 22, 2008

It's A Girl

One of the problems with being back at the kennel (and I knew this would happen only I thought it would take more time) is being exposed to retired racing greyhounds. When I worked there full time in the 90s I had three of them. All at once. When they all finally passed away I decided that I would not get another one. I missed them far too much and we really didn't want a dog. Then Logan came along. He's a goofball. He's been dubbed as "Spaztastic" by a friend. That's fitting.

Anyway, meet Rogue Nevada (That was her track name in her brief career). She will be two years old on Saturday. We're calling her Rogue, for now. It fits with Logan (see X-Men).


We waited until after our vacation and after Farm Aid to bring her home. I've been through this enough to know what to expect and wanted to be around as much as possible. We actually got more sleep than I expected with a wake up call at around 3:00 or so for a pee break (for her). So far, she's okay with the cats. Sprout swelled up, hissed and let her know not to screw with him. Maggie is still pretty much in hiding and the few times she has made an appearance has lead to a short chase down the hallway. Maggie needs to swat her really well once or twice and I think we'll have an understanding.

She's a young dog, and we will, without question hit some bumps in the road along the way.

6 comments:

Fooseberry said...

She's cute!

Barry said...

That's how they suck you in. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!!!! Thats why I would NEVER expose myself to adoptable dogs, lol. I just KNOW I would bring one home too! Good luck with her, shes a beauty.

Live/Love/Life said...

Congrats...... : )

Gia's Spot said...

Its so cute how the two dogs match!
Congrats Barry and Mrs G.!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable. It's impossible to work at RBF without bring home a greyhound. I know from experience. I'm surprised you held out this long. Good Luck with her.