Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Will It Last?

I seem to have taken on a new energy. One that I cannot really explain. Perhaps I am out of the rut I felt I was in over the winter, or I just enjoy being out in the heat working away in the yard until it's time to go to work. I don't know. Anyway, normally I would have had no problem sleeping until 9 am, hanging with the dog, do a few things here and there and then go to work. Now (and even more so being back at the kennel part time) I feel almost unstoppable. Even with the nasty cold I had last week I just powered through, sweated it out and got better.

Today I got to the kennel with the intention of getting all three outdoor "pastures" (where the dogs go to play and run in the grass) cut or at least get most of it done. These are fairly large areas in a semi-wooded setting. I use a large weed whacker on wheels to get through it and I do a majority of it twice as I cannot stand to have missed grass blades sticking up. That did not happen. Instead I weeded flower beds for three hours and prepared them for mulching then spent the last hour cutting grass. Once home I picked a pound or three of peas, pulled some weeds, watered some thirsty plants, mucked the stall, delivered the stall contents to the neighbor's, played with the chicks, and other things as I was passing by.

I need to spend some time in the garden tomorrow. Zucchini and summer squash are coming in fast.

More later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realize I am getting old when I read your blog, lol! I am glad you are better from your cold, i wish I had half of your energy! Barb

Fooseberry said...

I may need some assistance with a mammoth dump run so save some energy for next week.
Better yet you could sell some of your dried fruit at my yard sale and make some bucks.

FFNick said...

Slow down, Brotha! You're making me tired! (And making me look bad!)