I had purchased a couple of bunches of bananas recently as I was planning on dehydrating them to make banana chips. They were absolutely perfect for this today. I hated to waste a beautiful day in the kitchen, but they HAD to be done today. The two bunches (I don't know exactly how many bananas this was) filled six of the nine trays in the dehydrator. I had just enough time to prepare them before I had to get ready for work.
I have made these before and really enjoy snacking on them. I brush on a very light coating of lemon juice to keep them from turning brown and it also gives them a nice flavor. It takes about 8 to 10 hours for them at 135 degrees F.
Pineapples are next!
1 comment:
I would like to know the per pound price of the pineapples. I could hem some pants if you want to barter-LOL!!
Post a Comment