We scrapped the chicken coop idea and headed off to Megansett Beach to soak up some rays and get away from the house for a couple hours. We like this beach as the crowds are limited to mostly local folks who walk down from their homes.
We relaxed and read then headed off the beach. We stopped at North Falmouth Hardware on the way home to see if they had some poultry staples for the coop fencing as I had run out the last time I worked on it. They didn't have what I needed but we did chat briefly with the new owner of the place. I had gone through school with him and we worked together at Cataumet Garden Center in the mid 80s. His Dad, a teacher by trade, opened a small bicycle shop during that time, retired from teaching and it remains today.
Next stop was Cataumet Fish for steamers. While there we decided on a couple lobsters to go with the steak and steamers planned for supper. After going home and cleaning up a little from the beach we headed off to Falmouth to Windfall Market. I don't think I had been there before, but I liked it. It was not crowded which is a bonus in the summer. While in the area we stopped at the head of Falmouth Harbor to snap a picture.
I cut some grass for a while when we got home, and then on to supper......
4 comments:
Very nice B and Mrs G !! Such a wonderful abode and nice life, I am living vicariously thru you both... (BIG sigh!) If you sense anyone watching you from the blueberry patch it's just me.... lol JK!! I love the horse photo, looks like he is answering the door!!
My daughter loved the pic of Guapo as well. She thought it was funny that he was in a trailer! Sounds like a great day. Lobsters looked great! (Still looking for that smell-i-vision upgrade...Argh!) So what are you all reading? And for us non-farm types - why the need for a special staple?
Mrs. is re-re-re-reading the Harry Potter series (Yep, we are Potterheads) and I'm stll muddling through The Omnivore's Dilemma.
The poultry staples are stronger than regular staple gun staples and a hammer is needed to put them in place. They hold the fencing onto whatever wooded surface they're being hammered into.
omg you guys are so fricken cute!!!!
Post a Comment