Saturday, July 5, 2008

Long Week Made Short

Does that make sense? It was my first week on the new schedule at the primary and secondary jobs. It was not too bad, but the week is somewhat of a blur with the cold on top of it. It seems I have made it through relatively unscathed. I start the whole thing again tomorrow.....

The gardens are jungle-like with all the warm air and humidity. The primary tomato bed is filling in and fruit is coming along. All the photos for this post were taken this morning.




Daylilies in our main perennial bed.



Over in the squash garden..... one example of summer squash.




We took it easy today. I was able to sleep in until 8:15 which I really didn't want to do. After a couple cups of coffee we headed over to Mrs. G's mom's place to take a look at a few things.
Later, we went to the local garden center and purchased more perennials. We planted a couple daylilies around the mailboxes out front. We had put tall phlox there but were not happy with them so they were replaced. I found and squashed quite a few Japanese beetles in the garden as well as a couple three-lined potato beetles which were also eliminated.

Mrs. Bluebird has started incubating the eggs! Fingers are crossed for their success.

The cicadas are pretty much all over. I'll miss seeing them around and hearing them. We did hear a few males today. A little late for the party.....

Mrs and I took a walk behind Frost Bottom to check on the wild blueberry crop. We ran into a coyote coming out of a side path. which was a bonus. Nice, close-up looks but it took off quickly. We found some blueberries but many more unripened.

1 comment:

Gia's Spot said...

Can I have a bluebird please????? {;
Everything Looks great!