Today was my third Sunday at the kennel. It's very busy with the summer and holiday weekend coming up. Right now I have planned on putting in about 20 hours a week. We shall see how I hold up on that schedule but I'm glad to be back at it.
The warm, humid air has really helped the gardens to take off. We still have lettuces coming out of our ears and the peas are just about ready. I'm anxious to peek into the potato mound to see if anything is developing. In the below picture the potatoes are behind the little yellow tractor. After work today I spent a little time weeding in the squash/cucumber garden. The ragweed, lamb's quarters, purslane and bindweed were really starting to take hold. The lamb's quarters and purslane are edible, but I've never prepared them before, so they were yanked.
No comments:
Post a Comment