Saturday, August 27, 2016

Crazy, Wonderful Summer!

My goodness, how great this summer has been.  I've been so overwhelmed with all that Mrs and I have been doing that, again, I have severely neglected this poor blog.

We have hosted Mrs relatives on two occasions at the house, the most recent being her sister, brother-in-law and our niece and nephew back in July. They made the trek from Missouri to spend a week here and it was awesome. The dogs did *amazingly* well with the hubbub and we did our best to keep everyone entertained. I took the week off and enjoyed every minute of it.

 Here they are at one of our local beach spots called "The Knob".

 We stopped at Ben & Bills Chocolate Emporium for lobster ice cream. This particular day that had run out, but we were able to get some a couple days later. Yes, they use actual lobster meat in the ice cream.



Probably our best accomplishment, and all credit goes to Mrs here, was a wonderful evening on Sandy Neck in Barnstable. We met up with everyone here and had a beautiful time enjoying the sunset and a fire on the beach overlooking Cape Cod Bay.

The visit was a wonderful experience. Mrs and I were upset by their absent for a few days after they had left for Missouri and are planning what we hope will be a great little reunion in 2018.

Mrs and I have done our best to actually use our beach sticker and have gone to the beach several times this summer. Even though we are in a drought, it's been nice to have amazing beach days!


This is one of our trip to Surf Drive Beach in Falmouth. Hard to take, I know!


A wonderful visit!

No comments: