We woke at about 8:00 this morning to snow falling again. It got heavier and there were giant clumps of snow flakes dumping from the clouds. Awesome to see! We quickly picked up two or three inches and the sand trucks even had to hit the roads. I decided to take a quick walk at a nearby conservation area (I'll save the area for a post in the future). While I was there the snow began to mix with sleet and then switched over to all rain. Rather than go home, I took a ride through town, got some fuel in the 4Runner and headed for Nobska Point where I watched a Steamship Authority ferry return from Martha's Vineyard.
The cars once again covered in snow. TWICE now I have put away the snow brushes and shovels. I think I'm leaving them out until July.
Queen Anne's Lace seed head.
Coonamessett River.
Really nice in the woods today.
Bog bridges doing their job. I helped construct these a few years back.
Nobska Point with the M/V Martha's Vineyard returning to Woods Hole.
From the bluff at Nobska Point watching the M/V Martha's Vineyard.
Nobska Light.
Overall, an unproductive, but enjoyable weekend.
2 comments:
Walking in the snow would have been a dream--sleet and rain a nightmare. Wow the north is having a hard time committing to Spring.
Visiting you from Patti's blog. You live in a beautiful natural area. I visited there a few years ago in the summer. We still have plenty of snow in the mountains of CO, but there is some melting now with temps in the 50's. Our rule of thumb at our altitude is not to put plants out until Father's Day - the growing season is very short.
Post a Comment