Monday, March 23, 2015

Winter Hanging On

Quick update.  While Mrs is off in Florida visiting her mother, aunt and Guapo I am here caring for the remaining critters and holding the fort down.

Last evening I put on loads of extra clothes and headed to the beaches along Buzzards Bay to catch the sunset and play with the camera.  It was around 29°F with a strong, steady, cold wind off the water.


I grabbed a quick shot of the sun on the horizon at Old Silver Beach before deciding to head down the coast to my favorite place to shoot the water, Wood Neck Beach.

 Walkway to the beach at Wood Neck still loaded with snow.

 I was a little surprised to find the bay still socked in with ice at Wood Neck.  Disappointing but still beautiful.  So, I headed back to Old Silver as I had seen there was open water and worked out what I though would be a neat place to shoot.

One of the shots from Old Silver Beach. I was dressed well enough and never really got cold, except for my fingers which were numb by the time I trekked back to the car.

Beautiful, sunny Monday today.  Few chores to do, but just letting the day happen.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Your photos are absolutely breathtaking, simply gorgeous! And I am quite pleased to see that Northern Norway isn't the only place on the palaet where winter hangs on.

Arkansas Patti said...

That last shot is really stunning. You have really had a long, hard winter. Did you draw the short straw when it came to Florida?? At least some of your family is lazing in the sun.

Barry said...

Charlotte - Welcome and thanks for your comments. I looked at your blog but cannot read it. :( Beautiful stuff though.

Patti - Thanks! My hands/knuckles are bloodied up and get that way every winter. I thought it would be better without the horse. Nope. Will be glad for warmer, more humid air.