Monday, May 14, 2012

Brooks And Five Fingers

I was a few months overdue for new running shoes.  Mrs and I made it to Bayside Runner in Plymouth, MA today.  I asked the owner, Adam a few questions about things that I had been feeling here and there in my ankle.  He had me run on the treadmill again, which he videotapes and then analyzes in slow motion as part of his evaluation in order to find the most suitable shoe.  After trying a few brands, I settled on the Brooks Ghost.  I was in Brooks Glycerin for the last 10 months and really like them.  The Ghost is a little bit different, but very comfortable.


The old Brooks Glycerin and the new Brooks Ghost.  I hope to get a run in before the run workout on Sunday, but somehow my week seems to get away from me.

I also broke down and tried on Vibram Five Fingers. Several different pair actually.  I decided to give them a try and got the Spyridon LS which are a bit more sturdy and suitable for trail walking/running.


Mrs and I took the dogs for a walk this afternoon on some nearby trails and I gave the Vibrams a try.  I am impressed with them and how good they feel.  So, I'll be spending a lot of time in them out and about, here and there and in many situations.  I am not ready to try running in them yet.  That is not why I got them.  But I am anxious to see if and how they change my feet and if it will help with my running.  We have a trip to Vermont planned later this summer.  I am hoping to hike in them there.  Reports to follow.


1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

Those five fingers are really weird looking. I had to go google them and they look like it would be running almost barefoot. Let us know how they work.