Monday was fairly relaxed. We spent most of it at home after a night of clear, cold weather with temps in the single digits. Winter is here, but it seems it will be a brief appearance. I took the dogs for a walk this afternoon at a nearby wildlife reservation. Harry really loves it here and spends a great deal of time pouncing and digging through the grass. Up until recently I could only assume that he was after some type of mouse or vole nest. The other day I was able to confirm this when he was digging through the grass near me and came up with a complete round nest. It appeared to be empty of any little critters, thankfully. I am SO hoping that the classes we will begin in February will help me and him get on the same wavelength. He must come to me when I ask, no matter what he is doing. At the moment I have to trick him by walking off the field n a path in the woods. Here the path is narrow and I can grab his collar. I am head over heels for this dog.
This is what he spends a lot of time doing. Note the wagging tail!
Harry catching up as we leave him behind.
A good (but short) weekend all in all.


2 comments:
Nothing more enjoyable than watching a dog run free. I wish I had a place for Mighty to air out his stubby little legs. Out side my fence he has to go on a leash. He has developed selective hearing and only comes if a meal is involved. Good luck with the training.
I'm playing catch up after my long hiatus from blogging. Harry looks like he is very trainable and will soon be obedient.
Post a Comment