As the country (and the presidency) continues to be held hostage by the big corporation, Koch brothers funded "Tea Party" grass roots (yeah, right...) movement, I am not at all optimistic for the near future, if not the distant future and well-being of our country. Since big corporations (they like to call themselves small businesses) now rule the roost almost entirely, thank you US Supreme Court (see the political
ads lies in 2010 leading up to the election), we will continue to see assaults on everything - EVERYTHING - that has been accomplished for the last many decades in environment, food safety, public safety, education, health care, Social Security, Medicare and Medicade. See the news about the recent Salmonella outbreak in ground turkey? Get ready for lots more of that. Have you been paying attention to the nut job Governor and other crazies in Florida? Privatization and selling out of state parks to private campground development? Drug testing for aid recipients? Really? Not everyone on assistance is a criminal, but I guess you're guilty until proven innocent. What's next? No fat people getting public assistance with health care for weight-related conditions?
Anyway, for a fantastic read on what's really going on here, I direct you to
"The Rant" by Tom Degan. He's got a great grasp on the situation and is a good thinker. I admire how he puts it into print.
While you're at it, take a look-see at
Darlene's Hodgepodge, one of the sane people of Arizona.
End Rant (for now).