After some incredible thunderstorms last night (including hail), which we missed because we were in a movie theater, the weather turned almost autumn like and this morning was near perfection for a run. I had not run in more than a week, so I was unsure of how I would feel, particularly after hours behind the wheel. Not too bad. I decided to run on the bike path to be around people with the hope that their presence would help motivate me. I knocked out a little more than a 5k run and felt great. The new Brooks shoes are fantastic and I felt like I was almost floating along.
The bike path parking lot was jammed with cars; only a few spot to spare. I was a bit concerned that this would mean way too many people to dodge on the path, but it was not the case. Perfect weather, not a lot of people but enough to help me stay focused and not let myself dwell on upcoming races, current events or other distractions. A nice day to be out.
No comments:
Post a Comment