The dogs' play area is finally complete. Mrs and I finished building and installing the gates over the weekend and now the dogs can just head out the back door and do what they will. We do have to check and double check the gates and be certain the squirrels are safely out of the pen. Bella almost had one the other day but they are able to squeeze through the fencing. Tough to outrun a greyhound.
The outside and inside of the main gate to our back mudroom door. I used pressure treated 2x4s for the frame using Mrs's suggestion on assembling them for strength and cedar pickets to keep the kids inside.
I couldn't resist putting up this little sign. It had been on an old gate I took from the kennel a couple years ago and was using for a pea trellis.
Most of the fenced in area. The posts are recycled from the former play yard at the kennel, only two feet shorter.
Logan pointing at the tennis ball I am holding above the camera.
Bella really gets going and, as with all greys, loves to run.
Another project I am happy to have completed is the clean-out and organization of my tool shed. I have to change the oil and lubricate the snow thrower still, but at least I can get to it without tripping over anything or fighting with other equipment tangled up among everything else. I can actually walk around freely inside. It's only a 10X12 shed so I have to be a bit creative with space. There is plenty of room and I am in the process of overhauling the tool room in the basement, so more things will make there way out and my hope is to have the tool room cleaned and organized soon. Preferably before we begin painting the interior of the house in a few weeks.






2 comments:
Isn't it wonderful to just let them out to run. And Bella is just beautiful at full speed. I do love to watch the Gray's run, it is pure joy for them.
Mine used to run at me full speed and swerve at the last second wearing big grins. I had a one eyed Gray however that misjudged and flattened me. Now I know how running backs feel.
My you are ambitious. The next time you visit my country I can put you to work. ;-)
Post a Comment