Well that was weird. I just voted. I believe this is the first time I have ever seen "OBSERVERS" seated behind the women who check off the names of voters and hand out the ballots. I even shouted my house number to the "Observer" craning her neck to hear what the poll worker was saying. Who are these people here for? I'm sure you can guess my thoughts on the matter.
This is where we're headed, folks.

Anyone who knows Harry Potter will understand the reference and my concern.
3 comments:
I'm certain I am the only one who has not read Harry Potter.
Way to go voting Barry, just came back myself.
Now if the phone would just quit ringing.
I wondered why the poll worker shouted my street address and name. I felt like I was being introduced to the room! Didn't really notice observers but there was one lady sitting a little off to the side looking sheepish. Maybe she was the observer and didn't like the idea.
I had heard that the Tea Party were going to have observers at the polls. What do they think they are accomplishing?
I voted two weeks early by mail and avoided the polling places so don't know if they were here or not.
Fortunately our Tea Party candidate, Jesse Kelly, lost but we are stuck with our idiot governor, Jan Brewer who won by a large margin. Arrgh !!!
Post a Comment