Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Split and Smashed

Frosted cat mint

Heavy frost again this morning. I need to dig the last of the potatoes I guess. We need dog food, so I guess I have to go to the feed store. Oh, and vote.

Mrs woke me at my request so I could put the trash and recycle barrels out. Guapo, the chickens and the dogs get to eat early today. Then I might curl up for a little while with my coffee. No TV. Just me and the sound of the refrigerator and dishwasher. Running just does not seem like a pleasant thing to do today, though it does look like it will be nice once the sun gets it's act together.

One of my least favorite things about fall/winter are split fingers. I usually end up with a smashed knuckle or two that are not felt until there is blood everywhere. As I type this - I have to look at the keyboard - I have one of each. Those of you who get split know how unpleasant it is.

I wash my hands. A lot. I am fairly certain that and not touching my face, and using hand sanitizer, and a fairly good immune system help too keep me from getting many colds or other illnesses. But it takes it's toll on the hands. Moisturizing is fine, but the bottle is not always handy. Maybe if I kept one with the hand sanitizer?

So, as soon as I can find it, I'll cover the splits knuckle smashes with that super glue-like substance and continue on with my business. These are just two more reminders (dry skin is another pain) of the bad side of winter.

The trash man has already been here. Another week has begun.

See you next year, perennials.

No comments: