As noted in my post from yesterday, we've been in a coastal storm now for what seems like a week. I think it's going into the second or third day. Last night, or early this morning actually, I heard the rain drops turn to ice pellets on the skylights. Just before I finally dragged myself to bed, it changed to a period of snow.
Nothing more than an annoyance. As I click away on the keyboard at 10:40 am it is raining, and still cold. It does not appear that this system is going anywhere anytime soon. I checked the radar just now and the storm has a classic comma shape to it (a very large comma) and appears to be retrograding with rain and snow as far west as Utica, New York, as far south as coastal New Jersey, as far north as northern Maine into Canada. The center appears to be smack on top of Cape Cod. So, another inside day I guess. I should really be in the basement organizing and throwing out decades of crap.

4 comments:
Shoulda, coulda, woulda...I say a book, hot tea and a blanket is how I would spend the day. That is if I didn't have to work or have two kids who are hell bent on playing 100 games of Old Maid.
But seriously I am stomping my feet as I am not ready for this crap. I think the kids went to school with socks on their hands I am so unprepared.
The only way I want to see snow is in photos. Thanks for reminding me of a New England winter. We are going to have a chilly weekend with temps in the 60's. I hear you laughing.
Sorry but I get excited when I think of snow. Of course I don't have to go to work in it which colors my opinion. Even all that rain sounds great to us burn ban folks. Hope you get a break soon though.
I say bring it on. ;)
Darlene - Technically speaking, until this week, the last snow I saw and stood in was on Mt Lemmon earlier this year! :)
Patti - I don't mind driving in it at all. It's the other drivers I worry about. I'm hoping I have time to play in it this year. I had my old snow shoes re-dipped three years ago or so and they haven't touched snow for years.
Post a Comment