The big kennel closing is tomorrow, October 31st. I will not be there. I normally would have worked Sunday, but there are so few dogs, the manager is going to round out the show. I have been there on and off on my own time for the last week or so collecting fence and yesterday I removed a majority of the fence posts. These are 3"x5"x8' landscape ties. Some that have been there for a while broke right off at the ground thanks to some hungry termites. I can cut off the bad and salvage the not-eaten portion of the post since my fence for the dogs will be 3 feet high. Beats throwing it all away.
I spent some time this morning finishing up the section along the west side of the property. It was breezy and chilly, but there was sun. I was on and off with the sweatshirt all day.
Though it does not look overly pleasing at this angle, the fence does not look bad from straight on and is difficult to see in the tree line. The chickens spent a lot of time out of their pen today while I was working out there. The fence has done exactly what I wanted which is to keep them from wandering over to the neighbor's yard.


More fence stockpiled and waiting to be installed.
I cringe a bit when I see the plants sporting these colors. I also saw my first dark-eyed juncos today that have returned for the winter from the northern breeding grounds. I know that winter is just around the corner and likely a few blankets of white are on the way.

PJM rhody with next year's buds.

Frosted edge on hydrangea.

A small sample of what I face in the front yard when it's time to clean up. I see compost.

What was once our quiet country road. It's now a raceway.
I came inside for a break and caught our not-so-innocent girl breaking a very serious rule.

She made no effort to get up. She was stretching her neck and front end when I took this shot as you can see by the splayed out toes.
1 comment:
Nice job Barry, I am a huge fence proponent. Must be a bit sad though for the kennel to be closing.
We have had our first killing frost here and it is sad to see all the dead plants that had been blooming mightily the day before.
Indian summer is over.
Love the sprawled out Gray, big dogs really do love a couch.
Post a Comment