I spent Sunday working one of my last full shifts at the kennel. We're well involved in getting the property cleaned out of all things that cannot be left behind when the transition is complete. The old lawn tractor pictured above has been 'down below' as I like to call it for years and years. 'Down below' is and old barn foundation behind the main kennel building. When I worked here in the 90s I used to use this machine. I don't recall what happened to it, but we stopped using it for some reason.After cleaning off the plants and other debris we (myself and another employee) went to work on removing it from 'down below'. Years ago I would have simply driven my truck down the incline to the foundation, hooked a chain to it and yanked it out. Now, the trees are so overgrown that one has to duck just to get to the old foundation. Using two come-alongs and lengths of chain and with the support of a couple trees, we were able to pull it far enough up the hill so that I could just hook on to the 4Runner and rip it out the rest of the way. It actually went quite well.
A Come-along. Not my picture.As you can see in the tractor photo, all of the tires were flat and no longer round. Most of the center of the thing had rusted out and it was hardly even in one piece, but still a drag. It went very well, and quite honestly I did not think I would be able to move it out of there.
I will have more pictures of the property as time goes on. I hope to stay involved with the property once The 300 Committee takes full control.
1 comment:
Looked up the 300 Committee and it sounds like it will be a great project and I am glad you will stay involved. We need more such projects.
Those come alongs are worth their weight in good stuff.
Post a Comment