Woods Hole was jammed with people. I used the restroom at the Steamship Authority, then walked over to the starting line. After observing the mess of foot, bicycle and foot traffic and trying to decide how to best navigate it without being killed. I decided to just take it in stride, so to speak. I was forced into the middle of the road to go around cars and crowds of people, but was able to get safely onto a sidewalk with no delay. I felt good most of the way. There is so much great scenery that I can easily distract myself if I feel a little bit of 'quit' creeping in.
I made it to the finish line in a time right in line with where I was last year.
I changed into my beach stuff in the 4Runner and joined Mrs on the beach. We spent a little more than 2 hours on the beach. Falmouth Heights is not somewhere that I have spent a whole lot of time. It's a great beach on Vineyard Sound with views of Martha's Vineyard to the south.
No comments:
Post a Comment