Monday, August 30, 2010

Hello, Earl.


As most of us in the eastern part of the country are aware (and here especially on Cape Cod), there is a major hurricane pounding the islands east of and including Puerto Rico. This bad boy is certain to come up the east coast of the States. The question for us is how close will it come. Should it stay on the current predicted track, we should be fine, but any jog to the west could change things. We've had many close calls like this, so hopefully the computer models will hold true.

Behind Hurricane Earl is Tropical Storm Fiona.

4 comments:

Fooseberry said...

16 hr shift on Friday. "Um.....when are we going to get our power back?" is all I can hear like a broken record.
Better pack some extra food and beverages for this weekends shifts. See you then!

Barry said...

We will likely be there Friday night during the worst of it and hopefully I won't have to stay overnight.... I am hoping for a jog to the east.

Arkansas Patti said...

you all are certainly being threatened a lot this year. hope earl stays out with the fishes.
keep your head down.

Barry said...

Hi Patti - Seems like it will miss to our east, but only just. Still not out of the woods. I expect some wind damage at least. Pictures to follow at some point.