Right now it appears that the storm will slap us some time on Friday and will last around 12 hours. Hurricanes tend to accelerate quickly as they get rolling up the coast. They also elongate and become less intense (probably category 2 as it goes by), but that's still too much wind for an area that has not had it in a long time with the trees still overloaded with leaves.

This track will leave us on the "good side" of the storm. In hurricanes, you do not want to be hit by the northeast quadrant. This area tends to have the strongest winds (aside from in the eye wall itself) and can push lots of water (from the ocean) along with it causing potential storm surge. The track can still vary either way as you can see by the cone of the predicted track. We shall see.
3 comments:
Just the side effects seem severe enough. I always hated the long time it seems that you stare into the sea--waiting for a storm to make up it's mind.
I only got a glimpse of your header when it disappeared from my screen but loved it.
Stay safe Barry.
Patti - I am not sure why the header is disappearing. It does not do it on my laptop, but it does on another computer I use. Weird.
Waiting and watching, but I think we should be fine here.
I hope Esrl lessens and bypasses you. Stay dry.
Post a Comment