Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Running Game

Well, it's July 8th and all is well. Sort of.

The Falmouth Road Race is August 15th and I have a number. I don't know what that number is yet, but I am in. I have not been running much, and with the heat wave this week I was concerned about ending up in the back of an ambulance. That's probably a stretch, but I don't really want to have to use my RoadID.

So, decision time. Bust ass for the next few weeks and make this thing happen? Or continue enjoying taking it easy (relatively) and working on getting my cholesterol numbers up....

I need some motivation.

Oh, and if you want a laugh the movie featured above may just provide a few.

4 comments:

Fooseberry said...

Suck it up! You are not in it to win-You are in it to finish. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. Be alive, Have fun and enjoy the success of running it!

Arkansas Patti said...

I'll check out the movie. Always looking for a laugh.
Fooseberry pretty much said it all. I like the "in it to finish" approach. Enjoy and please don't end up face down on the pavement pushing too hard in this heat.

Barry said...

Oh, all right. Got out this morning in between rain showers. SLOW, but felt good. 3.2 miles. A good (re)start.

Brian said...

Like Fooseberry, and AR Patti already posted, it's about enjoying the day and the event. In fact, I'm guessing you could walk the seven miles without any difficulty (in a worst case scenario), so don't sweat the small stuff.