Saturday, May 8, 2010

Carolina Update

Here is a shot of the Carolina wren babies taken earlier today. I waited patiently for one of the parents to come back and was happy to get this shot.

Mmmmmmm. Spiders for lunch. For the sake of this post I am declaring that this is the mother.

Happy Mothers Day!

3 comments:

Brian said...

Ah yes, I am sure, that as the wrens grow older, they will look back with fondness at spiders, just like the ones mom used to catch.

Darlene said...

Great shot and well worth waiting for. I'm surprised you were able to get that close to the Mom, even with a zoom lens. Mama Wren must trust you.

Barry said...

Brian - I had no idea she had that spider until I looked at it on the computer.

Darlene - They (the male brings food too, apparently) are much better with us now. I just stood in the stall with the horse and they kept bringing in food. I am a bit concerned tonight as it is already 27 degrees out at midnight and no parents around the nest to keep them warm. We shall see in the morning.