Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I need a list for my lists....

I spent the day trying to get things checked off of a very long to do list which included a run on the bike path. Ok. I'm making progress, but am well off of where I was last year and have a lot of training to do. I am running a bit, walking a bit, running, and so on to get my stamina back. I even tossed in a sprint today for good measure. I am not planning on doing any races anytime soon with a goal of my second Falmouth Road Race in August. There is also the Boilermaker 15k I was hoping to do in July in Utica, NY but I think I neglected my training too much for that one. I have until the end of the month to decide.

It was an amazingly beautiful today with the temperature hovering around 80 °F. I picked up a few 'year birds' on the bike path and at home including house wren, Eastern kingbird and Great-crested flycatcher.

I should be able to get a good chunk of that pesky list checked off at home on Thursday. Even with rain and thunderstorms in the forecast, the gardens need to be an absolute priority. I have some power equipment issues that I also hope to have worked out. I drained the gas tank and cleaned the carburetor of the tiller yesterday and I am hoping some fresh fuel will get it started.

And the list at the kennel is twice as long......

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Spring is great but it really demands a long list of chores.
Good luck, I'm still pecking away at mine.

Darlene said...

Because my memory is getting so bad I make lists, but then lose them. I guess your 'list for my lists' is the sensible next step.