Today was indeed a bit chilly, but very nice all the same. Singing, nest material collecting birds all over the place and flowers. That pretty much defines spring, right? Well, ok. For many of us, hard work, preparing gardens, cleaning off the dead stuff from the perennial beds, and the like are really the signs of spring.
Mrs and I made a quick visit to Spohr Gardens in Falmouth late this morning. The grounds are known for the thousands of daffodils but it's also a good spot for bird watching, and a peaceful walk down to Oyster Pond. (All Spohr Gardens images by Mrs G...)
I observed a bat fluttering around over the water and skimming the surface of the water. I am not certain if it was going after bugs, or water, or both. I am planning another post on bats and a major - MAJOR - issue going on right now with bats in the northeast, but it will have to wait.
After our walk, we stopped at one of the local garden centers. No big box store plants for us, thank you very much. We looked at some things for future planting ideas, but left with 4 flats of violas. It's safe now for them, but a bit early for anything else.
We also spent a lot of time transplanting rose bushes and several spirea shrubs. We have some fairly major changes to come for landscape plantings and are still working out the details.
Happy Spring to all.
1 comment:
My gardening days are over, but I do enjoy the photos from you hard working soil turners.
You had a lovely place to stroll.
Post a Comment