Mrs worked in the perennial bed on Saturday cleaning up the dead stuff from last season and getting glimpses of the plants emerging. We've been treated to some gorgeous weather and have taken advantage of it. Spring came in quite nicely. I know that we are in for some nasty, cold weather before summer, but days like these are worth taking in many deep, cleansing breaths after a long winter.

Great weather and us having time at home has allowed for the chickens to spend hours of time free-ranging and chowing down on newly sprouted grasses, invertebrates and other yummy things. I penned them up in the garden and they melted into the ground soaking up the rays and dust bathing.

Rosie the rooster snoozing in the sun.

Penny and Lily with Rosie in the foreground in one of the raised beds.
Happy spring, everyone.
1 comment:
We too have been doing a bit of raking to expose some bright green buds under all those old damp leaves. Garden is the next plan that needs to be tackled. I need some help with a plot plan.
Post a Comment