On Monday, I ran the
5 mile Coffee-O route in
Falmouth. I really enjoy this route (once I get going). There is an informal run held on this every Friday evening, no matter the weather. I have yet to do this with the group.
I did not have time to take photos so I went back today. It was much nicer on Monday so you'll have to enjoy the gloom.
It begins in the parking lot at
Falmouth Town Hall.

The start line is just prior to the traffic arrows.

Walker Street. The route takes a right on to Beebe Acres Road (just ahead) which is a horseshoe shaped road and re-enters Walker Street.

Salt Pond from Mill Road.

Another view on Mill Road about 2 miles in.

Elm Road.

Surf Drive along Vineyard Sound. On nice days there are views of Martha's Vineyard. The Cape Cod Marathon and
Falmouth Road Race also travel over this road.

The Coffee-O route is marked very well. The route turns back onto Walker Street and ends at the starting line in Town Hall Square.

I took the dogs along for the ride today. It was just nice to be out and about and the dogs seemed to enjoy it. I enjoyed the peace and was able to listen to a good part of
The Story with Dick Gordon. I stopped at
Coffee Obsession for a warm up, then walked over to see some old friends at
Howlingbird Screen Printing Studio.
A few more days like this would be quite enjoyable.
4 comments:
That is a really pleasant route. Loved the pic of the dogs hanging out the window.
Curious, do you ever take your dogs on your practice runs?
Patti - I ran once with Logan (the Pointer) on the trail, but he is just too fast and won't slow down. Of course he stops dead in his tracks for a sniff of something which is also not good.
Bella, the greyhound, is too polite. She lags behind and won't pull. It is also a full time job to keep from being hit by a car on my own. Adding a pooch into the mix might make it more dangerous.
Love the route. A nice scenic route does so much to take your mind off the fact that your body is actually working quite hard. I happen to enjoy gloomy weather when I run, so I like the photos.
elvoy - I am getting to like running in overcast. The sun can beat the crap out of me. Right now this weekend's 5k looks like mostly sunny high near 70!
Post a Comment