Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saving Santa's Seals

Our only commitment on Saturday was going to Eight Cousins Children's Books in downtown Falmouth to attend a book signing of a newly released book written by an old classmate of mine. The author was to be there between 2 and 4 pm. I really wanted to be involved in supporting a local writer and was happy to have attended. Mrs and I arrived to a packed house, purchased three books and wound our way through the maze of people and bookshelves to find the end of the line.





Saving Santa's Seals by T. M. Murphy.

This is a book for children, but after reading it this evening I'd say adults would do well to read it and re-read it when life comes creeping back to poke the cynical beast within. I won't go into the story here so as to not give it away. It's an easy read and would make for at least a few good nights of bedtime stories.

The line waiting for T. M. Murphy.

T. M. Murphy (Ted) has written a series of books as well for kids 10 - 14 years old called The Belltown Mystery Series. I have not read any of these yet, but plan to if for no other reason than to support Ted.

It was good to see him again and have him sign the copies. We agreed that we needed to hook up and chat. He is a frequent patron at a coffee shop that I go to as well, so hopefully our paths will cross there.

If you are looking for a new and different Christmas story I certainly encourage you to buy this book. If you are a local reader you can get the book at Eight Cousins as well.


The Snapper

After the book signing, Mrs and I drove around town a bit and came across this beast in the middle of the road.

Luckily it was not an overly busy street, but I did get out and walk behind it as it made it's way across in case any other motorists came speeding up.

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Aww, you break for turtles also. I used to always do that in Florida but it is hard to do here for there are no shoulders to the roads and you would have to stop right on the road. The roads are so curvy,I would be risking a strangers life. Now all I can do is pray the turtle picks up his speed and makes it..
That book sounds like a good Christmas gift for youngsters. Will look for it.

Bon Bon said...

Thanks for the info Barry.
Glad I asked. I'll have to check that book out.