Friday, September 11, 2009

More From Camden, Maine

Camden Harbor from Mt. Battie.

I was going through the digital captures from our trip and realized I neglected to include a really neat garden mostly planted in containers in downtown Camden by the Camden Riverhouse Hotel & Inns. We sort of came across the place by accident which is always nice.

Various plants including tomatoes and numerous varieties of flowering plants.


I really don't know what sort of squash (?) this is, but there were a number of them growing right along the pavement on the approach to the parking areas.


The hotel also owns a small foot bridge that crosses the river to access other parts of town. Containers loaded with plants lined the bridge. The archway was just the tops of two arborvitaes lashed together.

Looking back towards the hotel from the bridge.

View from the bridge towards Rt 1 (Main Street). The white building is called House Of Logan.

One of the masses of petunias.

One of my favorite shots taken by Mrs.

This is closer to the harbor. It's the lower portion of Cappy's Chowder House called Cappy's Company Store & Bakery. I really need to go back and stuff myself silly.


I also neglected to include a shot of my Hatchville Pottery coffee mug seen here on it's second camping trip. Thanks Hollis!

No comments: