What is it they say about neighbors and fences (who are
they anyway?) ? Good fences make good neighbors? I think that's correct. We finally added the last three sections of stockade to one side of our property on Monday obscuring almost all of the view of our neighbor, and their view of us. I would like to fence the entire west property line, but that's not going to happen.

We installed the first sections years ago when we put the addition on the house. This addition moved the living space to the west end of the house and we felt pretty exposed to the folks next door. We also moved our driveway close to the property line and figured it would be nice for them to not have to see us driving in and out all the time. I suppose it would have been appropriate to tell them that we were going to be installing a fence, but we didn't and I'm not at all concerned about it. As far as I know there are no permitting requirements as well, but I don't care much for silly, frivolous permits anyway.
I'm glad it's done. We've had the sections for a while, so it will take a few rainstorms to clean the filth off of them.
Cukes = Pickles!I planted two varieties of cucumbers this year that I received from
High Mowing Organic Seeds.
National Pickling and
Green Finger. I know I mentioned this before, but let me say again, the seeds I received have been excellent!

National Pickling cuke. Still has a few days to go.
Dill. Seed also from High Mowing.

The cucumber jungle. I was a bit slow getting a proper trellis built so I simply hung two sections of wire fence on either side of the row. They grew up, over and out. It does make it a bit difficult to pick, but I had to do something quick and dirty.

Mrs has already made up some quick dill pickles. These are refrigerator pickles and do not require traditional canning.

A sampling of the Green Finger slicing cukes picked today.
1 comment:
Hey Barry, can I get the recipe for the refridgerator pickles? Maybe you can post, or bring when i see you? Thanks, barb
Post a Comment