It was a perfect morning to run. Overcast, cool, slight breeze and wonderful scenery. I was able to park at Town Hall Square just a few steps from the start/finish line. Falmouth was rather busy as today was supposed to be the street fair for which they close Main Street. For some reason it had been postponed until tomorrow, so I lucked out.This was my first 5 mile run so obviously a PR. I kept a steady pace of about 8:39 and finished in 43 minutes, 17 seconds.
I'll take it.
3 comments:
Congratulations. It is always a great feeling of accomplishment to run farther or faster than you ever have before. Have you experienced any highs from running? Another few weeks and I should be back at it too.
elvoy- I'm not sure about the highs. Today I noticed about 4 miles in I was really focused on the sound of my feet, but really didn't notice them hitting the ground and really didn't feel my legs, but not in a bad way. It's hard to describe. I could still consciously place my feet; pop up onto a sidewalk or side step a puddle, for example. My breathing felt great. I was not feeling like I was working hard near the end and probably could have continued, but I had a solo shift tonight, so I didn't want to hurt myself. I guess I have no idea what a high might feel like. Thoughts?
Way to go B.!! COngrats! I know the feeling you are talking about. (the feet thingy) I don't get my "high" until a few hours AFTER my run, some get it during~ You are so gonna be a "Kenyan" at the road race! !
Post a Comment