Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quick Update

I've been hideously busy with way too much other than working at home. I am missing spring. I see something new in the garden every time I get home, and now and then rip a weed or two out of the ground.

I took this picture of my Grandfather's old DR Trimmer Mower last week when I was hacking down some of the high weeds near where we had one of the trees removed. It's great to have it running again. I still have a lot of work to do on this little area, but we're not sure exactly what we want to do with the space yet.


I was actually home the past couple evenings and the weather was perfect for a fire. What a relaxing couple of evenings.


This is a shot of our bean patch. With luck we'll get a decent crop. We had a couple days of sun and they really took off. Rain most of today gave the gardens a good soaking.

Finally, we have a tufted titmouse nest in one of our boxes. I counted seven babies today. Unfortunately I could not get a good picture of them. It's a tight fit in there.

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

Love that fire. Staring into a roaring fire beates any meds for relaxation.
Your beans are looking good. Hope you get more time to slow down and enjoy spring.