Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tree Removal Day

Mrs and I had met with three different arborists about a month ago for estimates on some tree removal, and we decided on Seaside Arborists. I was pleased with the manner in which Stephen, the owner, presented himself. Though we had to wait a few weeks, I was happy to use the services of a smaller tree company. Stephen has a genuine enthusiasm for his work, and great knowledge of trees among other things.

My main concern for all but one of the trees was their potential to cause damage to the house, barn or chicken coop should they come down in extreme weather. A large blue spruce had become diseased and was mostly dead. This tree was in front of the house and had, unfortunately, become an eyesore.

Today was the day. They arrived just after 8:00 this morning and got to work after sizing up the job. (All images can be clicked for a better look.)


Stephen up one of the large pitch pines near the barn.

The blue spruce and two large pitch pines earlier this morning.

Stephen well on his way up the spruce.
Jesse (I hope I spelled that correctly) working the chipper.

Blue spruce sans branches.

Last of the pines to going...
Topped.
What a great day it turned out to be. The difference in light in front of the house especially is amazing. We have much more work to do, some of which we can handle ourselves. We'll likely wait until winter for that.

No comments: