April is flying by. Ridiculously fast.
This week in particular has been dominated by work. The kennel manager (my former position when I was full-time) has been ill since Sunday night so I was called in for all day Monday and half days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and today. The major factor, aside from her illness, is that it is April vacation for the school system, which translates to a good amount of business for us. Thankfully we have some good help and all went smoothly for the week. Of course, this is on top of my "real job" so I haven't seen Mrs lately, but I think I may have bumped into her on the way to the coffee pot this morning. My eyes were not quite functioning yet so I can't be certain.
I've been anxiously looking at the gardens and new raised beds (still empty of soil) and thinking I may be too late or in real trouble for this year. Thankfully I have the blog to look back on and see that I really didn't get well under way until May last year. My plan is to spend several hours out there on Friday and maybe Saturday as well. That should quell my anxiety. Or will it?
I suppose I should revisit the bag of seeds that came from High Mowing. I have almost forgotten what I ordered...
I have not been for a run since the 5k on Saturday. Looks like a beautiful weekend to be outside.
6 comments:
Those are nice raised beds. I have a feeling you're going to be busy this weekend. Having a job can really interfere with your life! Two jobs is even worse! I have my regular job, and then the side jobs... I'm looking for your post on the veggie gardeners now.
Work has got to go. That garden needs put in, your sneakers need a work out, and I am sure the Mrs would like your attention. Hope things are back to mormal for you soon.
I saw a bumper sticker a few months back. It read "I had a life but my job ate it". In your case "jobs" would be appropriate.
I'm looking forward to playing in the dirt with you this weekend.
Wildeve - Did you get a Horticultural Certificate or degree from a college, or did you use life experience in your gardening ventures? I'm wondering if I should use valuable time to go back to school.
Patti - Saturday will likely include running, garden time, work (of course), and time with Terri. I may need to get up at 5 am... ;)
T - Me too!
With the long awaited budding of spring comes a rush of tasks demanding attention. I empathize with you playing catch up. I hope you are enjoying making time with the Mrs and in the garden this weekend.
Barry, I was trying to answer you question last night when my computer screen went all white. It's fixed for now...
I have an MCH, which stands for a "Massachusetts Certified Horticulturist." You have to work for 3 years full time in the industry (self-employment counts) before you can apply- and then you study a manual and take a test.
MNLA (Mass Nursery and Landscape Association) gives the certificates. The test isn't easy, but it's nice- no costly courses. You don't have to have the certificate to garden for people, however.
Post a Comment