Mrs had called in to the fire department to register the burn today, just in case we had some time after the 5k. By the time I arrived home she had a good fire well underway. We were able to get a good bit of this year's debris taken care of, but still have a bit more to go. This will make a good addition to the compost once the coals are cool.
10 comments:
Was all of the studying (previous post) burning out the Mrs? Ha!
Heck of a campfire there Barry. That is the good smelling smoke.
I have a barrell full of ash and I am told no nails. Want it?
No wait do I want it?? We really need to talk about my possible garden.
Oh and I love your blog!!!
Hey tell the Mrs. I ambushed the neighbors burn pile today and brought three large barrels full and there is plenty more if she would like to play with fire again.
I have no room to get a decent one going, having the "mountain" in the back yard.
Elvoy-
LOL! Yes, I really needed a break from the books. I should be studying right now too, but a movie sounds more entertaining :>)
Mrs. G
We tend not to burn out here in the desert, for obvious reasons, mainly the state catching fire every once in a while. While I am firmly against desert wind-whipped wildfires, It makes getting rid of brush a pain in the you know what!
FVF-
Our fires are by permit only and the season runs from January to the end of April. We hose down large areas and keep the hose next to the fire. I keep them relatively small, too. The last thing I need it my back acre going up.
Patti- It's one of my favorite things to smell.
It does amaze me that they still allow you to do that. It is nice to see a community and its residents act responsibly.
FIRE!FIRE!!!
Post a Comment