Friday, April 3, 2009

April Showers

All day!

Just when a moderate or heavy shower would let up and I would think it was good enough to get outside, it would start again. I gave up and stayed inside. I watched as much of the President's excellent speech and town hall-style gathering in Strasbourg, France as I could, and then sat in my Grandmother's old rocker curled up under a cozy blanket with my toes tucked under Bella who was snoozing on the floor at my feet, and finished reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

It was nice to just sit in silence with the critters and occasionally look out the window and not pressure myself into doing anything. I guess I can accept the occasional day like that.

Monday, the new training regimen begins. I swear!

6 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Neat way to spend a day Barry. I guess your Mother in law fixed your bugs? You married well when the inlaws are cool.

Cindy said...

Sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. I worked outdoors until about 10, then did a supplies run and returned books to the library. It's a nice feeling when you finally give up and settle in- what better way than with a good book in Grandma's rocking chair!

Leslie said...

Rainy days are God's way of saying "Slow Down"

The Forge Village Farmer said...

*sigh* that sounds so nice. It would be wonderful to have a day like that here.

FFNick said...

Ok, Punchy - yesterday was Monday - you start the new regimen?

Barry said...

FFN. Yup.

My computer is fixed, but I don't have it back yet. More later.